Moving During Covid-19
Do you have to plan for moving during Covid-19 pandemic? Moving companies are considered an essential service during COVID-19 and therefore we are open for business. Your safety, and the safety of your family, is very important to us. We’ve worked hard to create a plan that will allow us to continue to provide safe and efficient moving services to our valued customers.
If you arrived here looking for information about how to schedule an upcoming move, your current move or to learn more about the measures we are taking to keep our team and clients safe, you will find the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions in reference to your entire moving process below.
We know that this is an extremely stressful time for many. Please know that were here for you at this time and will go the extra mile to ensure safety during the moving process!
Just getting started with your move:
Q 1: Is “The Liberty Group Company” residential movers division operating during COVID-19?
A 1: Yes we are!
The Liberty Group Company is open for business.
While adhering to new safety protocols and guidelines (as directed by our governmental and public health agencies) and working closely with our experienced team of movers and vehicle operators we are continuing to conduct business. During these unprecedented situations, we understand that time does not stop and many people still have deadlines to meet and need to relocate. As many require professional assistance to complete their move in a safe and timely manner, The Liberty Group Company continues to serve.
Our valued clients are the reason we continue to provide excellent moving services to each and every relocation, with the highest level of professionalism that’s become our hallmark. Our teams take each of their roles as essential service providers very seriously and we will continue to do so, as long as safety is not compromised.
Moving forward in the process of planning your move with The Liberty Group Company .
Q2: Does someone have to come into my home to provide a reliable moving quote, or can this be done virtually?
A2: No, and Yes
We completely understand the concern to limit exposure of your family by restricting the number of new people entering your home. Our Virtual Survey is an easy tool to use as a solution for this concern. Using it allows you to limit potential exposure and quickly provide The Liberty Group customers to receive moving quotes while avoiding the risks of in-person contact. The virtual survey can easily be completed using your smart phone.
Q3: Will I be able to reschedule or even cancel my scheduled move?
Day by day thing are changing, new guidelines are being implemented and the way we do business continues to change. We feel privileged that you chose The Liberty Group Company for your move, and we will do all we can to make this move easy and without the concern of extra fees if changes have to be made. If you’re rescheduling your move, simply verify the new dates for availability and price with your move coordinator.
Q4: I’m not feeling well. My move is scheduled in a few days, what should I do?
A4: You should do what you are most comfortable doing.
Please remember that your health and the health of your immediate family comes first and foremost. If you feel you have been exposed or are having symptoms of Covid-19, you should do what you are most comfortable doing. We’ll be in contact throughout the entire move process. Together, you will be able to review the additional safety precautions we have put into place. It’s possible to delay the start of your move, but you will need to confirm that the desired dates are available and confirm the details and costs related to any changes. If medically you are not considered “at risk”, you may choose to proceed. We request if you are in this situation that you advise your move coordinator promptly if you are not feeling well.
NOTE: If public health officials mandate you self-quarantine, moving services should be rescheduled. If you have imposed a self-quarantine due to your own personal concerns, please discuss this with your move coordinator or sales representative to determine the need for rescheduling your move.
I’ve planned my move with The Liberty Group Company.
Q5: What precautions is The Liberty Group Company taking to help prevent the spread of the virus?
A5: Following all state and local mandates for COVID 19
In order to provide for a safe moving experience for both our moving crews and our customers we recommend the following:
- Confirm that all persons involved in the physical moving process are free from symptoms of COVID-19.
- Limited “greetings” to a nod or a smile; no handshakes at this time.
- Make a point to practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet from each other.
- Our movers disinfect moving equipment during the process of your move and suggest that items being moved be disinfected as well.
- The moving team is limiting restroom use to a single onsite restroom.
- For safety we recommend wearing face coverings, when available.
- Practice CDC recommended* hand-washing techniques before and throughout the move. Wear disposable gloves and use hand sanitizer, if available.
- Carefully cleaning and disinfecting before, during and after the move.
*These Guidelines represent recommendations based on current CDC Guidelines and are subject to change based on our evolving understanding of COVID-19; the availability of equipment; the personal protective equipment; and other federal, state and local regulations that may be issued from time to time. Please direct any questions or concerns to your move coordinator.
Q6: What precautions is The Liberty Group Company taking to protect their employees?
A6: We can assure you The Liberty Group Company is taking extra precautions and has provided resources to all of our personnel regarding the Coronavirus.
We take the health and safety of our customers, drivers and front-line personnel as our highest priority. These precautions include the following:
- We are mandating virtual surveys in 13 states and are encouraging this process in all states
- Our Moving Coordinators are pre-screening customers by asking a series of related questions over the phone, based upon information provided by the CDC. These questions are related to travel, contact with or exposure to any persons diagnosed with Coronavirus, and/or symptoms consistent with Coronavirus.
- We are updating procedures as needed based on the monitoring of guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).This guidance currently includes immediately sending home workers who have acute respiratory illness and/or who have been exposed to the virus, quarantining workers who have tested positive for the virus and taking additional personal hygiene, personal protection and surface cleaning steps. This guidance also provides planning considerations if there are more widespread community outbreaks of COVID-19.
- We are continuing to develop, update and publish FAQs for our customers as new information is available
- Practicing the recommended procedures in the CDC issued guidance for Business and Employers
Q7: What precautions should I take during my move?
A7: The Liberty Group Company only asks that you follow basic protocols related to social distancing, including hygiene and disinfecting practices.
These include the following:
- Refrain from any physical participation in the move
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from movers and drivers as they work
- Upon arrival, request movers wash their hands before participating in your move
- Disinfect furniture and high-touch surfaces before your movers arrive
- Properly dispose of all packing materials once the move is complete
Q8: What if I suspect that a member of my moving team is ill when they arrive for my move?
A8: If you believe someone on your moving team is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19, immediately contact your move coordinator.
Do not confront mover or attempt to assess their condition yourself. Simply take a moment, request that your moving team wait outside, and call your move coordinator or our Customer Care Team at 800-948-4885.
We will attentively work with you to determine the appropriate next steps, including whether there is a need to continue proceeding, rescheduling or canceling the move.
Q9: If I’ve moved with The Liberty Group Company, what will you do if a member of our moving team has or customer has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
A9: The Liberty Group has protocols in place.
If a member or our moving team or customer notifies us that they have been positively diagnosed, The Liberty Group Company has a complete process to analyze all potentially affected shipments, personnel and customers, and can quarantine shipments as necessary. We will also notify affected individuals. The Liberty Group Company will also cooperate with any government agency that requests information relating to the exposure.
Do you still have unanswered questions?
If you have unanswered COVID-19 questions in reference to a scheduled move, please call 888-705-3350 to listen to a recorded message provided by Mayflower.
People are at the heart of every move: customers, agents, van operators and personnel. At this time, it is the health and safety of all of those involved is, especially important, during this time and is our highest priority.
We’re all in this together, and The Liberty Group Company is committed to moving you safely.